Here I go...

Walking and Talking Across Spain - long distance walking chelates the chemicals that trigger my Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

Monday, May 13, 2013

Just One Thing

I think I've found the perfect book for my Camino

It's called 'Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time' by Rick Hanson.

It has nice short chapters with exercises you can do daily, weekly, or whenever.

The past three have been

1. Be FOR Yourself
2. Take in the Good
3. Have Compassion for Yourself

And tomorrow's is 'Relax!'

An example of the simple exercises for instance, in the Take In The Good chapter,

1. Look for good facts and turn them into good experiences. Let the good fact affect you and try to do this half a dozen times a day

2. Really enjoy the experience. Stay with it 10,20,30 seconds.

3. Intend and sense that the good experience is sinking into you. There are different ways to do this.

One I like: he instructs you to notice a moment when you really feel good. For me, one moment was the vision of the deep purple statice growing along the trail mixed with bright yellow chamomile. Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel and they really complement each other. So you take notice, then you imagine the colors as bright shimmering jewels or orbs that you pull into your heart chakra.

It really feels good, which is the point, and makes you live in the now, if just for a moment. It also makes it easy to remember that vision - to pull it up when you want to.

I'm digging this book. It's simple and helpful

Tomorrow, I am going to 'Relax!'



3 comments:

  1. Mine for the day is: mow those lawns, lol. Good for you Annie, get in that NOW, everyone is trying to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to find that book! Loving your posts and keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travelling for work for the next couple of days and going to make a start on this book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.