Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweating it Out

I'm under a pile of blankets hoping to sweat out this cold. It is in my chest now and moving quickly. I have a headache from coughing. Good thing i have this private room! !I think I may need one more day here. 

A lovely young Brazilian peregrino just made me two cups of garlic, lemon, and honey tea.   The mother of the hospitalero here at Casa del Peregrinos has been fluttering around me like a mother hen, making me eat, giving me blankets. She is a retired nurse and a real sweetheart. 

I feel loved
And that is no small thing

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon Annie - you might need medication if the cold has turned into a chest infection that isn't viral. Get well soon and stay warm.
    PeregrinaIr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Annie..I am so thankful you are being taken care of! It was really bothering me that you were there, trying to beat this alone. It is good to feel safe, warm, and loved! You will get well and continue your Camino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon. Sounds like you've landed in a great place - comfortable, warm and with kind folk to keep an eye out for you. Another adventure to add to the ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are in good hands. God bless and get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The other current Caminista whose blog I'm following is sick too!

    http://caminodesantiagoblog.com/

    Fr. Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.