Here I go...

Join me on my new adventure - Van Living!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meet the Girls

And here are my four new chooks!



First is Bertha Butts! 
 She is what is called an Easter Egger.
She lays blue eggs.
She is also the rule of the roost!
She is somewhere between 6 months and 1 year old.


Next is Penny.
Penny is a beautiful Speckled Suffex hen.
She will lay brown eggs.
She is very sweet to humans,
but is a bully to the two younger hens.
She is about 6 months old.



This is Kallie.
Kallie is a Barred Rock hen.
Her eggs will be light brown.
She is about 5 months old.
She is a sweet hen
and is very smart.
She is Sissy's best friend.
They stick together like glue.



And here is little Sissy.
Poor Sissy is at the bottom of the totem pole.
She is a Rhode Island Red hen.
Sissy will lay pretty brown eggs too.
She is only 4 1/2 months old
and right now, 
Penny and Bertha bully her mercilessly!
But I have news for them!
Sissy is going to be bigger than them when she grows up,
and things just might change!


I'm really excited to have these chooks.
I've been wanting chickens for year,
and now that I own a home, 
they were high on my list of priorities.
Fresh organic eggs…
Hooray!






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.