Here I go...

Join me on my new adventure - Van Living!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rao


We had to put our sweet kitty boy down last week, unexpectedly.
He had acute liver failure - had not eaten in a week.
I feel the culprit was a particular brand of food, 
but we'll never know.
My son wrote this Memorial.

It's perfect.
***********

















Memory of Light - Today

“You were born a child of light’s wonderful secret— 
you return to the beauty you have always been.” 
― Aberjhani

Rao -- everyone has loved you through your life.
 I've loved you. 
My brother Rob loved you (and he hates everything!), 
my nieces and nephews loved you. 
And I'm pretty sure my mother loved you more than me.

You saw me through some pretty tough times.
 About 4 read-throughs of the Wheel of Time (thus, the dedication), 
about 4 different relationships. 

You let me hold you like a baby when I was sad, 
would soak up all the bad and turn it into good.
Though I am sure the love in my house is strong enough to keep the bad out, 
your vigilance and dedication will be missed. 

I will remember you every time I visit the back yard, 
every time I eat ice cream, 
and every time I am alone in the dark.

I will miss you pawing at the pages 
as I send myself to different worlds while I am reading, 
bringing me back to give you some pets.

 I will miss you in those moments that are bad, 
when somehow you would know and come rescue me.

What I will not miss are all those times you woke me up at 5am 
because you were fat and wanted more food.


As I was burying you,
 I dug up a toy airplane from the US Air Force.
It's sitting on your gravestone now. 

I hope you enjoy your next life as a fighter pilot 
Must have been all that Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek 
you've been watching throughout the years..

Rao -- you fulfilled the bargain. 
The price has been paid.
Fly free, strong, and true. 
I will miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.