Here I go...

Join me on my new adventure - Van Living!

Friday, January 02, 2015

The Wrong Train!


I've been going back through some old Camino posts from a blog I wrote a few years back, and thought some of these might be worth reposting.

I laughed when I read this one! Sometimes I find people are SO worried about their Camino that they forget the Camino is about the journey, rather than the destination. 


"What if I can't find a place to sleep? 
"What if there's no place to find dinner? 
"What if I can't have coffee in the morning? 
"What if there are no blankets?
"WHAT IF I GET ON THE WRONG TRAIN!?"

Here was one time the Camino taught me that if I just had faith and didn't panic, all would be well!


* * * * * * *
Well, I had quite a little adventure this morning!

I was supposed to catch a train to Sahagun from Platform #1 at 9:17 am.

I asked a kind attendant where I should stand so as to be in the correct place when the train arrived. She pointed to a spot and said, "Stand there."

And so I did.

At 9:15 a.m., when the train arrived, I stepped on...

and as it pulled away from the station I realized in horror that


I WAS ON THE WRONG TRAIN!


After my initial shock, I decided, "Well, what the heck!"

I sat back and enjoyed the trip! 
The scenery was gorgeous through Galicia, past lakes, mountains, seashores... very green.

Once in Vigo, I went to Customer Service where the kind gentlemen explained that MANY foreign people make this mistake and he sends several each week back to their correct destination. That being said, RENFRE refuses to change the schedule.

So.. I catch the afternoon train to Leon, then on to Sahagun and The Peaceable Kingdom tomorrow! 

 Today… I enjoy seeing Vigo, something I would not have done on my own.



I ran into a fellow Pilgrim Forum member yesterday. She was leaving Santiago and she sold me her ALTUS rain poncho for a great price! I am a happy camper! I never thought I would use a poncho, having tried it on my last Camino. But this ALTUS is something very special! It covers me from head to ankle, and covers my pack also. Very efficient!

Well.. I guess I will get off this computer and go out and see a bit of VIGO!

Hasta Luego!

* * * * * * *
The moral of this story is…


"Don't worry so much!"



Don't have expectations,



be willing to turn mistakes into an adventure,



and have a Buen Camino!




Love,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.