Here I go...

Walking and Talking Across Spain - long distance walking chelates the chemicals that trigger my Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

WTF Portland, Oregon???!!!



So I got up early this morning
and went to Fred Meyers 
to buy supplies for my remodeling project.

I needed some white spray paint
to finish the underside of the roof.

I asked the lady to open the cabinet
where the spray paint was locked up
like it was in Fort Knox.

She handed me my paint can and then
asked to see my I.D.

"What?!?
I'm 63 years old - see this grey hair?
See these wrinkles?
WHY do you need my I.D.?"

"Portland City Ordinance requires it."

"WHY?!"

"To control graffiti."

Holy shit... really?
Oregon has become the Soviet Union.
I had to sign my name to buy a can of spray paint.

WTF Oregon!?
PAINT is a controlled substance?

Do you REALLY think if a graffiti artist wants spray paint, 
they're not going to be able to find it?

Do you REALLY think if a kid wants to smoke,
they won't find a way to buy cigarettes?

Do you REALLY think if a drug addict wants illegal drugs,
they won't find a way to buy them?

Trying to control people like that is a waste of energy, time, and money.

And it's a lot like herding cats.

Give it up.

I'm glad I grew up in the United States
when it was still a free country...

Unbelievable...


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.