Here I go...

Walking and Talking Across Spain - long distance walking chelates the chemicals that trigger my Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

Monday, December 19, 2016

NUTRITARIAN is my New Way of Life





Life is moving on in the California desert. Mom is healing from her heart issues. The family are all doing well in Oregon. And I'm losing weight and getting back in shape on Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live lifestyle. The people eating this way are called Nutritarians.

I'm loving Eat to Live more and more each day as I feel the benefits.

If anyone is interested in losing weight or getting off of their cholesterol meds, heart meds, diabetes meds, please join our new support group on Facebook. It's a place to learn, to ask questions, to share recipes (both vegan and meat-eaters), and to be accountable by posting what you eat each day.

Here is a link:

EAT TO LIVE SUPPORT GROUP

By the way, if you are vegetarian or vegan, you'll have a bit of a challenge on the Camino, but it's certainly not impossible. There are many great choices for fresh fruits and vegetables all along the route. So don't stress.

Personally, I'm loving this Nutritarian way of eating. I'm stuffed, never starving. I feel GREAT and I'm excited as the pounds melt away. I'm losing about 1 pound per day right now and it's pretty much stress free.

The benefits of the Nutritarian way of eating include:

NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING!
No more feeling hungry between meals
Eating delicious, satisfying foods that have anti-cancer properties
Reversing heart disease, diabetes, and most autoimmune diseases
Detoxifying your body and overcoming food cravings
Feeling great and enjoying increased energy
The Nutritarian way of eating uses no gimmicks or fads. There’s no yo-yo dieting. You’ll achieve your ideal weight while maintaining excellent muscle and bone mass for the rest of your life. This will pay incredible dividends in your life, and in the lives of those you love.

Cost:  For the most part, the cost of eating this way balances out. I buy my fruits and vegetables from a farmer's market, so they're quite affordable. If I were in Portland, I'd be growing them in our garden and they'd be free!  I don't buy much meat, so the money I save there goes toward the fruits/vegetables. 

And in the longer run, if you're paying for prescription meds each month, within 2 months, you can count on stopping all or most of those. That can be hundreds of dollars per month for some people! 

Getting set up can cost a little more if you plunge into it like I did. Or you can add staples as you go. 

There is little or no cooking, if you don't like to cook. Or there are marvelous recipes, if that's your deal.  I do a bit of both. 

Today, for example, I will have a HUGE breakfast salad. I'm talking what most people would make for 4 people. I'll put a peeled orange, a cored apple, and a teaspoon of cinnamon in the Vitamix, and pour that over. I have a salad bar in my fridge in snapware so my salad will have greens, bell and red peppers, carrots, celery, onions, purple cabbage and cherry tomatoes. It will take 5 minutes to put it together.  Other days I might have a smoothie or some oatmeal filled with fruits and nuts. 

For lunch, I'm having leftover meatloaf from last night (made with some meat, but also beans and mushrooms).

For dinner, I put a pot of Portuguese beans in the crockpot yesterday and I'll graze on those.

If you're into reading, Dr. Fuhrman has many great books out. If you like reading the science, I'd suggest EAT TO LIVE.  I wouldn't buy the cookbook. You can find hundreds of great Nutritarian recipes online. Check out Pinterest for a start.


If you'd rather read ABOUT the science (easier reading) and trust he's done his homework, I like THE END OF DIETING.

If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, you might like


And if you have an immune system disease (over or underactive):

All of Dr. Fuhrman's books are available on Amazon.

And if you would like to see over THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY success stories with photos, spend the $12 it costs to join his website for 3 months ($3.50 per month) and go directly to the success story section. If that doesn't convince you, nothing will.  You know, sometimes you see 3 or 4 success stories with those crank diet ads. Well, this is over THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY real people telling you their story.

Lastly, take a look at the video on Netflix called Forks Over Knives, and one online called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. Here is a link:


These men use juicing fasts to lose weight, something I could never do. You can get the EXACT same results on this program, which is easier, and Dr. Fuhrman makes an appearance in this award-winning film about two men's journeys back to health. Be sure and watch past the midpoint, when they begin following Phil Staples, a morbidly obese truck driver. The change will blow your mind!

Love,
Annie



2 comments:

  1. Looks like Dr. Fuhrman's website is up to about $7 per month for membership. It's rather sad to read such a scientific book that you just KNOW is telling the truth (Eat to Live)... only to find the guy is really trying hard to "milk" it (between the website and the multiple repetitive books that he appears to have published).

    Oh well.

    Looking for a good forum to join to learn about recipes and hear some success stories. That's how I found this blog.

    Coincidentally, a coworker loaned me a copy of "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" just this morning!

    Thanks for posting!

    -= Dave =-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave. I didn't realize his website was going up. Hmmm... maybe I'd better check it out. Thanks for the heads up. And yes, I agree about "milking it."

      Delete

All comments are moderated.