Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Santiago! and O Sendeiro

Carol was up and gone before Diane and I woke up!  WOW!!  That was a first!

Diane and I took a bus to Santiago and had breakfast at San Martin Pinario while we waited for Carol’s call. We wanted to all walk into Santiago together.

Diane and I found a nice table to sit at but these two ornery guys wanted the table and tried to bully Diane off. It was only about 9 AM and they were already drunk. Diane didn’t budge. I was so proud of her.


Soon we saw a familiar face coming around the corner.
After taking some photos, we all walked to the cathedral together.



There were a few temptations on the way to the Cathedral!



We made it!







We attended the pilgrims mass and got to see the botafumeiro swing. It was pretty cool and probably the last time I will see it. 

That night, Carolyn and Diane took me out to dinner to O Sendeiro, the #2 rated restaurant in Santiago. It was an amazing dinner!


















Oh yes!  Galician Gin!


These two gals were a kick in the pants and I had a really good time with them. Thank you Carol and Diane, for making my Camino so memorable.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.