Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Lions and Tigers and Morton's Neuroma - Oh my!


Yesterday before my hike, 
the pad of my foot was hurting 
just a little.
By the end of the hike, 
it was swollen and hot.

After lots of online research, 
I believe I have what's called 
Morton's Neuroma.

The good news is
 it may resolve itself.
The other good news is 
several of my friends
have dealt with this 
and are giving me good advice.

The bad news is 
it hurts like heck to walk!
For me, that's a serious thing!

Sooo.... my plan now is 
to stay off the foot,
ice it,
use essential oils and ibuprofen,
do lots of healing visualization,
and hope for the best.

If it doesn't resolve 
by the time I get back to Oregon,
then I'll go see a doctor.

However,
 I have faith in my body to heal itself.

What a weird thing to pop up on my foot?

Sometimes getting older can be a challenge!

Oh well, 
this forces me to sit
and do more writing and art,
so it's not ALL bad!

Happy Trails,
Annie


1 comment:

  1. I had Morton's Neuroma. The pain would get so bad, I would have to stop what I was doing to take off my shoe and rub my foot back to normalcy. This necessitated always taking backroads instead of freeways (not easy in the SF Bay Area). A neighbor advised that a local chiropractor cured hers with anodyne therapy so I started this therapy. Medicare paid for most of it. It took a while but I've been pain free for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.