Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Dead Penguins

Well, as much as I love the penguin app it just didn't work for me. I got a notice from T-Mobile that my 30 day pass was already eaten up after 10 days.  I don't understand computers or the Internet or data, but my son had me turn all my apps off.  Apparently uploading all those photos to the cloud was using  up my data.

So I'm back to blogger

The night in Zubiri was pretty stressful.  We are in the middle of a heat wave and between the heat, the mosquitoes, and the snoring guy, I did not get even five minutes sleep.  So I did not feel like I could walk yesterday.  Instead, I took a bus and booked a hotel. 

I got a great night sleep. 

I had planned on walking to Zabaldika but because I felt so poorly, I was afraid I wouldn't make it there in time to get to get a bed. You cannot make reservations there.  So now I have an extra day here in Pamplona.  Luckily the place I have booked for tonight has the air-conditioning. 

The heat has been almost unbearable.  I should've known better, but sometimes I act before I think.  Consequences seem to be the best teacher for my personality.   

Last night, I was ready to throw in the towel and fly home, but after a good nights rest, I'm going to continue on.

Tomorrow will be the defining day, whether or not I can make it up and over Alto Perdon. It isn't a huge hill, but I'm having trouble with even the slightest inclines.  I'm going to use backpack transport and go slow and if it's not 92°, I I'm hoping to make it.  

Right now, I'm just setting my sites on LogroƱo.  If I can make it that far, I will keep going.  If not, I may decide to come home at that point.  

Yesterday afternoon when I went out looking for food, everything was closed because of the heat.  I'm not in old town but a few kilometers outside of it.  The only thing I could find was a Taco Bell.   And oh my gosh, what a surprise!  Taco Bell in the United States needs to come to Spain and take some lessons.  The food was actually good.!  The fries were so crispy and hot. I could not eat them for 10 minutes.  The seasoning they use on them was delicious.  I also ordered a chicken burrito with guacamole. It was incredible and I hate Taco Bell food.  Anyway, it was quite a surprise.


I'm not sure how I will spend the day today because I've seen all there is to see in Pamplona. I don't have to leave my hotel until 11 so I may just poke around here and see if there's anything else I can drop from my pack to make it lighter.

I was so sad to hear of Dolly Parton's death yesterday. Gosh, what a brilliant bright light she was! She definitely made the world a better place.  We will miss her.

Also, I heard a German pilgrim died yesterday on the Camino.  That's the third since I started.  It's probably related to this heat.  It really has been unbearable.  Hopefully it will let up soon.

More later

Love, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.