Here I go...

Walking and Talking Across Spain - long distance walking chelates the chemicals that trigger my Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

To Melide Today

The walk from Eirexe to Melide was 23 kilometers but not difficult. A few gentle hills and a short ugly stretch through an industrial area at the end. But for the most part, shady and green. 

I'm trying out Albergue Pereira here. 10 euros for a dorm bed. It's clean and new, with a good kitchen, laundry, and sala. 

Photos in next post

I passed some interesting places today. First, giant ants adorn the albergue in Portos, just 2.2 k past Eirexe. This looks like a nice clean place. It has 10 beds and there is a nearby bar for dinner and desayuno. 

Lunch was Caldo Gallego in Palas de Rei where I also found this cool sculpture of people dancing. 

That guy is still looking for Laura. I hope he finds her before he runs out of chalk and green doors! 

I saw several of these old style woven horreos.  They are used to dry andstore  maize. 

Next, I stopped at the church in Lobreiro to snag another photo of the penis (yup, I said penis) sculpted on the side and guess what?!  It is GONE!  I almost feel as bad as when the Taliban blew up the Buddhas!  I'm sure this is the church!  I took a photo in September. I will have to go look for it. It appears they have removed that stone completely and replaced it with a boring plain old stone. Wonder of wonders!

Well, at least they left the Virgin and Child  on the wall!  











1 comment:

  1. I think I can see it - next to the virgin :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.