Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Castromonte

10 k to Castromonte - 10 chilly, windy kilometers.  No rain, and the skies are now blue. I hope the weather holds.   Castromonte has another very nice Albergue. There must be 20 beds here, a very nice kitchen with stove, fridge, and microwave, and hot showers. There is heat but they ask you not turn it on until after 8 pm  
 
  I found no place to hang laundry (there is a washing machine) and I didn't really have any wash but wanted to hang out my sweaty clothes  so many times I have been happy I brought my little elastic clothesline  I did see another pilgrim with just a lightweight pice of cord, and that would also work fine  There is a carneceria but he closes at 1 pm. I was late but rang the bell and he sold me food; hamburger, chips, an Aquarius. I made myself a burger for lunch and have another for either breakfast or dinner.   
 
 
 
I heard a commotion, looked out the window, and saw a hundred sheep going by . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie!

    I spent my lunch break catching up on your trip. The pictures are gorgeous! French guy sounds like a real jerk! I'm glad you got that room. I can picture the steam coming out of his ears! Hopefully, you don't have to deal with him for the rest of your trip.

    Are you picking up a group or walking alone this trip? I miss you bunches, I'm glad that I got to see you before you left though.

    Safe travels! *HUGS*
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.