Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

To Portomarin - 2018

Rain, rain, go away!
I hear it’s sunny and warm in Portland, Oregon. 
Ha! Ha! The joke’s on me!

The walk to Casa Morgade was wet but beautiful. From there I caught a 30 euro (yikes!) taxi to Portomarin to meet up with one of my pilgrims who is having a rough go. 







If these old walls could talk . . .

When I arrived at Albergue Ultreia, Carmen and Luis were there to greet me with their big hugs and sunny smiles!  I just love these people!  





Carmen and Luis lived in Portomarin when it was down near the river. The government flooded the old village to make the reservoir, and some buildings, like the church, were moved brick by brick up to the top of the hill.  Carmen has photos of the old village on her walls. Be sure to see them:

Old Portomarin

It must have been sad as the old village was flooded

Old Portomarin. Now all you see is ruins in the water below.
Carmen presented me with a special Tarta de Portomarin for our group. She is so sweet and always so happy to see me. It’s like coming home. Luis bought me a coffee because I was cold. The rooms are spotless and inviting as usual.



Got my washing done. Got my dinner shopping done. Life is good!

Tomorrow- Palas de Rei. 


1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of Portomarin and the party we had on our balcony. It was sunny & hot back then. Hope everyone in your group are doing well. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.