Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, November 08, 2020

Update November 2020

 


Well, here we are in November.

Biden was just elected President.

Covid is still an issue.

The house in Oregon closed escrow.

I'm in Desert Hot Springs picking up the remainder of my art supplies.

The Camino trip is still on this year for Anniewalkers, though Joe will be taking the group as I'm taking care of my elderly mother for now.

My mastectomy scars are healing. I feel that "iron bra" less and less. Still some soreness, tightness, and a dog-ear at the end of my incision is driving me a little nuts, but otherwise, all seems well.

I'm having a lot of horrible side effects with the Letrozole the doctor wants me to take for 3 years. My feet are so painful, I want to scream when they hit the floor in the mornings. My thumb on the left is developing a trigger thumb. It's very swollen, hot, and painful. My skin is dried up like a prune and I'm losing hair. My memory is worse than it was before and I have a lot of brain fog. My emotions are all over the place. I feel like I woke up and was 90 years old. And so I'm considering quitting the Letrozole.  In all the research I've found, there's no indication that it will really give me more years to live, and every indication those years I do have might be hell on this medication. I've tried cutting back on the dosage, which is the same whether you are a 6 foot woman weighing 220 or a 5 foot woman weighing 95 pounds. Cutting back really hasn't helped. I'm deciding this week what I'll do.

I've been reading Chris Beat Cancer and I think I'm going to follow his protocol.  What I do know is this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.