Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, December 05, 2021

Autumn 2022

 My gosh, people are ready to WALK!

I opened a Camino Trip for September this morning and I already have only TWO spots left! I guess cabin fever is getting to everyone.

My life has been full with caring for my elderly mother lately. The doctor put her on hospice last week. He told her he would be surprised if she made it through the winter. She is down to about 77 pounds and not able to eat much at all. At first, she refused, as it was a difficult thing for her to hear. She just doesn't feel ready to go, and I feel so sorry for her. She has had a very unhappy life. However, as many problems as we've had in the past, she IS my mother and I appreciate her for giving me life. My life has just been so blessed and for that, I'm grateful to her for bringing me into it. She and I have rounded out many of the rough spots in the last few months, and I think all is finally ok.  Hospice sure has been helpful for me. It's good to have some relief. I have been pretty exhausted. 

My family had a wonderful gathering for Thanksgiving. We met at the home of my youngest son. My eldest son came with his children and my middle son came with his son. My ex, the boys' father, came out from Georgia, and Joe was there as well. It was such a nice week.

Now, I'm sitting here looking out at the dreary Oregon sky, wishing I was in the sunny desert. But mom is too frail to travel, so no desert this season.  

I hope you all are doing great out there in computer land - and are staying safe. My prayers are that this COVID mess is over soon, because I'm sure over IT!

Buen Camino!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.