Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Finishing Up Summer and Planning A Camino


 

Well, the garden has been producing like mad! 

Joe has been busy fermenting pickles 

and canning tomatoes and beans almost every day! 

The blackberries are giving me
a giant bowl every two days. 

The golden raspberries just keep coming. 

I popped a canteloupe seed
on top of a compost pile just for fun
and it grew 8 giant, sugar-sweet melons! 

Joe's sunflowers are huuuuuuuge!

It's been a VERY productive year.






Vegetable Beef Soup

Awesome canteloupes!

These were volunteer purple potatoes


Green Beans

Every day is a jeweled surprise!

Things are slowing down now.
I pulled up all but one squash plant this week.
I'm getting the bed ready to plant
my garlic, onions, and kale. 

Soon it will be time to prune
the raspberries and blackberries
and then comes time to rest. 

We're going to vend at a Festival over Autumn Equinox.
I've been busy painting mandala stones:






Maybe I can make a little cash for my winter trip. 

I'm hoping to go to the desert in my van this year either after Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

Michael's sister will housesit for me,
which makes it easier.

Then I'm leaving for Spain in March.
I'm hoping to be somewhere for Holy Week -
 haven't decided where yet.
Then I plan on walking the Meseta for about a month
to train.
Covid really kicked my butt last year
and then I took a fall in December
and tore both rotator cuffs.
So on the Meseta I can walk short stages
and build up distance slowly.
I can also book pack transport if I need it.
So for now, that's my plan. 

April 28, I will pick up my group of 7 pilgrims
and take them on the Best of Both 24 day trip -
 looking forward to a nice group this Spring!

I'd like to fit in a 2 week hospitalera volunteer position
if I can find one.
I contacted Rebekah today and hope to hear back.
It will be nice to be back on the Camino.

Soooo... that's all the news for now. 

Take care everyone! 

Love,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.