Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Feliz Navidad!

 



I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!  I found this cool banner online - not sure who originally made it but it seemed fitting.

In April/May 2024, both Joe and I will be taking a group of pilgrims on the Camino. We're very much looking forward to being in Spain again!  I've been busy making reservations and let me tell you, it's going to be a BUSY season!  Many lodgings are already booked up for Spring!

I plan on leaving early, around 9 April, for Spain to do some training. My friend, Paula, is going with me and we'll walk half-stages for a while, slowing increasing distances until I pick up my group in Pamplona.

The last time I walked the Camino, I didn't get sick until I returned home and just a few days after my return, Covid hit. The illness itself wasn't bad, lasting only maybe 3 days, but the long term affect has been awful. It really kicked my butt and my stamina seems to have flown out the window. So it will be interesting to see how I do on the trail. That combined with the Oregon rain won't make it easy to train here, so my plan is to do light weights and walk when I can here at home, but do most of my training on the trail in Spain. 

I had a quiet Christmas this year. We agreed not to buy gifts for the adults and I have to say, I missed opening presents. Isn't that funny? There's really nothing I need, but since I was in Hawaii until the week before, I didn't even get out my tree and decorate, so it didn't feel like Christmas to me. Next year, I think I'm going to decorate and buy gifts, needed or not. I miss that.

My eldest son and his family did come to Dallas and we had a nice breakfast at my youngest son's home. Hiathan was home from Annapolis and it was so good to see him. 

Joe has left for the desert for the winter and my plan now is to clean and organize the house then get on a routine of diet, exercise, and Spanish. 

Wish me luck!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.