Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Catching Up on the News

I had a wonderful time camping with my family and friends last weekend. The campground was on the river and we spend much of Saturday fishing for crawdads.  The rocks were slippery and toward evening I fell and came down HARD on two rocks. Hit my butt first, then a pyramid shaped rock slammed into my ribs under my right arm. I haven't had the breath knocked out of me since 5th grade. It was NOT fun!

I now have a black bruise the size of a salad bowl on my butt cheek 
and 2 cracked ribs.
The ribs are the most painful. It's difficult to breathe and even more difficult to sleep. I spent  two nights at my ex's house because he has a recliner, which made it easier to get some rest. Last night I didn't sleep so well. Every time I moved, I'd hear and FEEL those ribs popping!

I'm really bummed but glad it wasn't worse.
Anyway, that's why I haven't been posting. 
It hurts to sit for long.

The crawdads were excellent, by the way. We had a feast! There was also corn, ribs, and fruit salad.  We ate until we couldn't eat another bite!
Tonight I'm visiting my good old friends out in Cottage Grove. I haven't seen them in a couple of years and it will be sweet to catch up on their news. Next week, I leave to house sit for my mother for a few weeks, then on to the desert for part of the winter. It gets too cold here in Oregon to camp.I'm in the process now of getting rid of more "stuff." It's amazing how much we accumulate!
I got a car top carrier yesterday for FREE!  
I love when that happens!  
It looks like the one in this photo, although it's a different brand.
Now my fiber and extra clothing will have a place to live while I'm camping. 

I guess that's it for now. 
I will try to continue my blog on the Camino in a day or two.

If you're in the path of Hurricane Irene
please hunker down and keep in touch.
You'll be in my prayers.

Until next time,
Love, 
Annie

***
Note:  If you are interested in walking the Camino Santiago, 
but are not quite ready to go it alone, 
consider joining Annie
on one of our small, affordable Camino walks. 
For more information see our website 
at this link: AnnieWalkers Camino

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.