Here I go...

Walking and Talking Across Spain - long distance walking chelates the chemicals that trigger my Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Review of the Bluefield Poncho

In looking for an inexpensive alternative 
to the ALTUS poncho, 
I found this Bluefield Poncho online 
and ordered it from Amazon.com.

The poncho came in a cute little bag, 
much like the ALTUS.  


Right away, 
I noticed the weight was much lighter 
than the ALTUS.

It was difficult getting the poncho out of the bag, 
and I thought to myself,
"I'll never be able to repack this!"

Once I got it out, 
the first thing I noticed was 
that it did not zip all the way 
down the front,
like the ALTUS.


At first, I was happy,
but then I put on the poncho, 
and immediately I realized several things:

First, I love the ALTUS 
because I do not have to 
constantly take it off and put it on while walking.

If it stops raining, 
I can simply
take my arms out and let it hang off the pack
and in all these years, 
it's never blown off.

Then when it rains again,
I just slip in my arms and voila!
That would be impossible with this poncho.

The length was good.
The arms were a bit long for me.
But it would cover my body and keep me dry.


Or rather, I THOUGHT it would keep me dry.

But then . . .
after about 3 minutes . . .
I began to sweat.


And I realized 
this poncho would NEVER work for me!!!
I was burning up,
sweating, sweating,
and there was no way to vent the damned thing!

Getting out of it was not easy,
especially when I was so hot.
I wanted out.. .NOW!


I finally escaped.
I tossed the whole package on my dresser.

Tomorrow I'll pack it back 
into its cute little sack (if I can),
and send it back to Amazon.

So far, the ALTUS has this thing beat in my book.

Even for the great price of $16.98,
it would be a waste,
because I would never wear it.

Joe says, 
'It's the difference between buying a car 
with 4 wheels,
and 3!"

And I agree.


***
Need help planning your Camino? 
Don't want to walk alone? 
Don't want to race for a bed?
Walk with us in a small group or alone.
Booked lodging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.