Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Camino Chaplet




On my first Camino, I made and sold these string Chaplets to help pay my way on the Camino.

Later, I made them just to give to people who helped me along the way.

Later still, I would make them for the people who walked in my Anniewalkers groups.

I may revive that tradition. They make a nice memento, even if you're not Catholic.

Here is the prayer that goes along with the chaplet.

Santiago Chaplet Prayer
 
This Rosary can be used like a regular 5 decade rosary, or you can use the following prayer:

Crucifix:
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.

Large Knot:
Santiago, as I journey to your city in the love of your name, please
bless my Camino.

Small Knots:
(1) May Hope,
(2) Faith, and
(3) Charity guide my steps.

Large Knot: (1) Say an Our Father

Large Knot: Blessed be the Lord, who has called me to this challenge of Pilgrimage.

10 Small Knots:
Thank you for being my constant companion,
My guide at the crossroads,
My breath when I'm weary,
My food when I'm hungry,
My water when I'm thirsty,
My protection in danger,
My shade in the heat,
My shelter in the rain,
My light in the darkness,
and my comfort when I'm discouraged.

Large Knot:
Our Lady of Roncesvalles, please grant me your motherly protection.

10 Small Knots:
Help me to be honest
Taking every opportunity to help others,
To be patient and kind,
To give generously, and put the needs of others first,
To persevere in the face of adversity,
To practice self-control in thought, word, and deed,
To keep my sense of humor in all situations,
To be humble and appreciate what is given me,
To treat others as I would have them treat me,
To quietly bear pain and hardship.

Large Knots:
(1)May St. Raphael the Archangel protect me throughout my journey and lead me safely home,
(2) and may God bless me as I walk

Small Knots :
(1) Under the bright, blessed stars of the Milky Way,
(2) My goal ever before me,
(3) the Cathedral at Santiago de Compostela.

Crucifix:
In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.