Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Starting a New Drawing as I Recover

Well, my two days of "do nothing" are up today and so I began a new drawing. This one is of Jean Luc, my son's wonderful Golden Retriever.


I took about 2 to 3 hours 
deciding what colors to use on him. 
I watched a video my teacher made 
on Golden Retrievers and for the most part 
I will be using the colors she suggests. 
There are a few changes in his coat colors.

Here is my color chart 
which doesn't include eyes or nose.
 Lots of colors in a Golden Retriever!


Before I drew on the Pastelmat, 
I did a quick mock-up with pencil
 on printer paper, 
just to make sure I had the right size.


Next I drew the cartoon on Pastelmat.
Then I began by working on his left eye.
I just wanted to feel like I had started.
I will get much more done tomorrow.
But here is Jean Luc for tonight:


Today is the 19th day 
since my Double Mastectomy.
I'm healing up well.
I have good range of motion 
and can move my arms in most directions.
I have to move them slow 
when reaching above my head,
and if I put my hands behind my head 
to make "chicken wings" 
it is difficult to open the elbows.
So I do need some physical therapy 
and stretching,
but don't want to do too much 
too soon
and split my incision.
I tend to lift things, 
then realize I shouldn't.
It's hard for me to be still so much.
I'm generally a very busy person.
I'll be happy to get back to the pencils tomorrow.

As far as pain goes, 
it's weird. 
Most of the pain I feel now is 
under my arms, which are swollen.
My chest over the incision 
is still numb, 
though it feels like when you go to the dentist
and get a shot, 
and feeling is just starting to return.
I plan on doing a lot of massage
to get those nerves to reconnect.
I believe it can be done.
But I need to be patient and wait
until my incision is healed completely.

I still have the steri-strips on the incision.
They are supposed to fall off on their own.
I shower every morning 
and "hope" they'll come off,
but they must have superglued 
those suckers on!

Anyway, that's the update.
I have an appointment 
with my surgeon on Monday.
I'm hoping she will send me 
to Physical Therapy soon.

That's all for now.
Stay safe!
Love,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.