Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The BEST News Ever!


Yesterday afternoon I got the best news 
since this began.

My surgical nurse called 
with the results of my post op lab work.

:::drumroll:::

The lymph nodes were CLEAR.

The tumor had shrunk to 
5% 
(yes FIVE PERCENT!) 
of it's original size.

Dr. Johnson got it ALL 
and there were CLEAR MARGINS!

There was NO EVIDENCE OF CANCER 
in any of the rest of the tissue.

This is the BEST news I could have!
It makes it all worth it.

Now, I'm supposed to be on Letrozole 
for 5 years, then I'm done.

I'm trying to decide if or if not 
I'll stay on the Letrozole.

The side effects since they changed the brand 
are difficult.

I was originally on TEVA brand 
and didn't feel any side effects.
Then the brand changed 
because the pharmacy changed their contract,
and BOOM!  
Side effects hit like a bomb!

This could be 
because it was early in the game, 
and the side effects took a while to manifest, 
or it could be the off-brand's dyes and fillers. 
There's really no way to know 
until I get back on the TEVA. 
But I really suspect, with my MCS, 
it's the dyes and fillers in the off-brand.

My beautiful bright yellow little 
sunshine pill 
is now a dusky dark ugly orange thing 
that seems to make me ache all over.

Whichever brand, 
the common side effects of Letrozole 
are well documented.

It most likely WILL give me osteoporosis, 
and WILL most likely ruin my teeth.

It makes me ache in the mornings.
My feet feel like they have knives in them.

I'm just not sure if I'm willing 
to live 5 years with this.

I have found a pharmacy 
that will get the TEVA brand Letrozole 
beginning on May 1 
so I promised my surgeon 
I would try it for a month.

Then we'll see...

I'm VERY convinced that the supplements along with the guided visualization I did also had a lot to do with the tumor shrinking. Now that surgery is over, and I'm almost finished with the post op meds, I'll get back to my KETO diet, my supplements, and will continue the guided visualization.

Anyway, I also woke up to my stimulus check, 
so today is also going to be 
a VERY GOOD DAY!

I hope your day is good too!

Love,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.