Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, November 11, 2022

LAUNDRY, Cataract Surgery, and Camino!

 Today I used the last of my home made laundry soap. 

So I got out my supplies and am making another batch.

The last batch I made was March 18, 2022 so it lasted me, Joe, and my son Rob nearly 7 months for $2 worth of supplies. 

Can't beat that!

It was quick work using the ZOTE flakes instead of having to grate Fels Naptha and I thought the detergent using ZOTE got my clothes just as clean.

Melt soap flakes in 4 cups water.

Add SODA and BORAX - Stir till dissolved

Put in 5 gallon bucket and fill with water.

Tomorrow it will be a gel - mix it up and bottle it.

Easy peasy!

1/2 box ZOTE flakes

1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax

1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing SODA

So THAT's what I did today.

Yesterday I had cataract surgery on my right eye. Went in today for a post op checkup and they were able to pop the right lens out of my glasses so I could see clearly. I'm hoping I'll only have to wear readers once the left eye is done in December.

Looks like there WILL be a Camino walk in 2023.  One of last year's pilgrims will be leading it. Her name is Debra O'Connor.  It will be an all-women's group and will be small with only 5 to 7 total. See my website for more information at anniewalkers.com

Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.