Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Pamplona

Note. I'm having a heck of a time using the blogger app to make these posts so I hope most of you will move over to FindPenguins to follow me.   It's so much easier to use. 

---------

I was awake by 4 am this morning and was happy that I had put some yogurt and granola aside for first breakfast. 

By 6:30 I was out the door enjoying the quiet of the morning. I saw a few pilgrims, looking for the Camino, but otherwise the streets were empty.



Second breakfast was yummy. TabernA was open and I couldn't resist one of their chocolate filled pastries. I'm trying to find out how to say sourdough bread in Spanish.


I visited Iglesia de San Fernando, and was struck by the beauty of the statuary there. This is a very old church and the interior is just stunning.


Next, I visited the Museu de Navarra and I was very surprised that a lot of the beautiful statuary and exhibits that I remember were no longer there. Also, there were no placards in English, so I just kind of had to guess what I was looking at. It seemed very bare. I felt a little disappointed at the changes. Later, I walked to the Cathedral Museum. If a person only has a chance to see one, this is the one I would recommend. It was spectacular, as usual. With my credential the entrance was only three euros. Because it was early morning, there weren't very many people, but again many of the statues were gone. I wonder what happened to them all?


They did have a wonderful exhibit of two new Gigantes. I climbed the steps up to the Bell Ringer's House and boy that made me wonder how I'm going to do walking up to Roncesvalles!


I decided to have a big lunch and just snack for dinner. In the past, my rule has been to check the bathroom of a restaurant and if it's clean, I will eat there. I should have remembered my rule today. That's all I'm going to say. 


Now I'm back in my room ready for a Siesta. I took a photo of the empty streets under my balcony this morning when I woke up. I'll take another photo about 5 PM for contrast and post it later. It's just amazing how busy this street gets.


I just heard the truck gathering yesterday's beer bottles and thought I'd show you a photo. Things are just starting to pick up down below at 5 PM. 


Tomorrow I take the bus to St Jean Pied de Port (SJPP for short) at noon. 


More later. 

Love, Annie


Expenses for today:

Breakfast at TabernA: 3.55

Lunch. 20.95

Cheese and 6 figs. 5.22

Cathedral museum. 3.00

Credential. 3.00

Opinel knife. 14.90


Note. I have so many of these knives.

But they aren't allowed on the airplane or on the trains and so each time I come I have to buy a new one. 

Lunch included a tomato onion and tuna salad, steak and fries, iced tea, and cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.