Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Two More Sleeps and the PCT Event

 

Yesterday, Joe drove me to Vancouver, WA so I could go with my son, his partner Odie, and another friend to the Pacific Crest Trail Event up in Cascade Locks. It was awesome. There were vendors from every corner of the backpacking world, as well as a few interesting characters like BIG FOOT!

My son bought about $100 worth of tickets for the raffle and we were lucky to win over $200 in gear!  One of the items we won was a Kula Cloth, which worked out great b/c when I got back to his house, I realized I'd left mine in another backpack at home. 

I'm hoping to meet up with my friend, Patty Moak, tomorrow for lunch and then I'll spend the night at a local hotel so I'll be close to the airport for my early morning flight to Madrid.

My pack weighs 14 pounds without food and water, which really feels like too much, but I've packed and repacked many times and just don't see where I can cut anything out for now. I'll be walking in two seasons, Summer and Autumn, and need clothes for both.
Maybe once I'm on the trail,
I can find a way to cut it closer.

The weather is looking like thunderstorms for my walk to Valcarlos and Roncesvalles. If it is LIGHTNING and thunder, then I''ll probably take the bus from SJPP to Roncesvalles. I don't mind rain, but I'm not keen on lightning in those mountains - so we'll see. Weather can change quickly and I'm sure the Pilgrim Office in SJPP will have good info for me.

I guess that's it for now.
I already miss Joe.
I wish he was walking with me,
but he's staying home to care for the house 
and the garden.
He and I are still thinking of picking up
the Camino Ignaciano in the Spring.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.