Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, March 04, 2019

Day 2 - Silver City, New Mexico

It was a busy morning!
I woke up VERY early and watched a gorgeous sunrise from the road.


I stopped for coffee at Starbucks, then went to the YMCA for a shower. 
This is a very nice, BIG YMCA with lots of machines, 
a pool, and nice lockers. 
Take your own towel! 
And it was FREE!


You can get up to 6 FREE day passes at the YMCA - 
and I'm not sure if this is national or statewide, 
and the lady at the counter didn't know either!  
At any rate, it was a nice hot shower 
and I washed off a lot of the negativity 
that kept me awake all night.

From there, I found Charles Schwab's building 
and opened my savings account. 
Also bought a bit more stock.

Then I headed for New Mexico.
I thought about staying at Kurtchner Caverns, 
closer to the Arizona/New Mexico border
 but their campground was full and the overflow was $15 a night. 
I've spent a lot on gas these two days,
driving across Arizona from California, 
so I decided to save my dollars and keep driving. 



This afternoon I made it to Silver City, New Mexico.

The land was covered with flowers but unfortunately,
 there was no place to pull over or stop:



I had planned on stopping in Lordsburg Veterans Park, 
but the stop was so desolate and run down, 
and it was so early, 
I decided to put in another hour of driving.

I'm sleeping at the Walmart tonight in Silver City. 

The driving was long and hard, 
but I'm feeling more positive and really happy to have made it here. 
Tomorrow starts a brand new adventure!

I will explore Silver City,
then take a hike up to Gila Cliff Dwellings.
After, I have a reservation at Faywood Hot Springs,
so the Cliff Dwellings may have to wait a day.

Then I'm hoping to buy the New Mexico State Parks Pass,
and plan on hunkering down a few days
once I reach City of Rocks.
(if I can find a camping spot!)


Photo courtesy of the internet!

Hope to see you there!
Happy Trails!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.