Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Day 4 - City of Rocks and Faywood Hot Springs


This was my second night in City of Rocks. This place is incredible!  I've seen such wonderful sunsets here!


Night 1. Snail Rock to the left. See the size of the trailer?

Night 2

Night 3

See the owl? 
Today, I drove into Deming to try to get a haircut. No luck. Ended up cutting it myself. 


Did find a market called Peppers. Nice place. Picked up a few groceries. Stopped at Denny's for breakfast. Then back to City of Rocks where the wind kept me inside for much of the day. I did take a walk around CoR before the wind beat me back into the van.
Here are some photos. 





These rocks are HUGE
















Owls nest in the hole above the van

I loved my camping spot. Space 6. 

I loved the spot I got. If you walk up between those rocks there is a very private shady area with a table. Sweet spot #6. 

I drove to Faywood Hot Springs the next day. The man at the desk was very sweet and the springs, to me were "ok" but I was hoping for a nice quiet soak. Instead, there was a VERY loud man who was giving a LOUD monologue about his life, his problems, his anger, and after a bit, I moved to a quieter tub.  The campgrounds are dusty as heck. The tubs are not as clean as the ones at Gila, nor is the scenery as nice. But for an hour soak, they were fine. I don't think I'd want to camp there personally. People are packed in too tight for my preference. There ARE some private tubs and the price seems fair.  If you're in the area, it's worth check it out.  They have a nice little store there. I bought a robe so I could do the clothing optional tub and they had GRASS FED beef!  I bought a pound for tacos!  Here are some photos:

This little tub was in the clothing mandatory area, and was a shady, quiet place.

The clothing mandatory tub. Nice, but too sunny for me.

Looking up from my soak!  


Some of the campgrounds

Another camper

That was it for City of Rocks. 
I left on Friday and headed for Truth or Consequences.

Happy Trails,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.