Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Day 6 - Truth or Consequences and White Sands

This morning I drove into Truth or Consequences for a quick peek and breakfast. If a person is interested in buying antiques, jewelry, art, or soaking in hot springs water, then it's a VERY cool place. I'm really not interested in any of those, and so after a drive through to see all the old buildings and artsy village, I looked for food.

I won't name this restaurant, because the waitress didn't make me pay, but holy hell, they need to hire a new cook!  I ordered chicken fried steak. It came looking ok.. like this:


I took a bite. 
Tasted charred.
Took a second bite.
Tasted BURNT!
I turned the steak over and the bottom was absolutely BLACK.
I scraped the skin off and it was raw in the middle.


YUCK!
So I told the waitress I couldn't eat it.
She agreed.
She asked if I wanted anything else.
I said no.
My son, a chef, has warned me not to send food back.
You wouldn't believe what some cooks will do.
So she told me not to pay and I left.

I headed down the road for White Sands. 
I made a quick stop at the Walmart in Las Cruces.
I had to buy ice and oil.
My van is sucking oil.
Not sure why, but I just keep filling it.

White Sands National Monument was BEAUTIFUL!
I got in free with my America the Beautiful card.
After touring the visitor's center,
I took the 16 mile round trip drive into the sands,
stopping to take a couple of hikes.
Here are some photos...


















From White Sands, I drove to Brantley Lake State Park.
It was full, so I spent the night in the day use area.
I'll go back today to spend a couple of days,
waiting for the sunshine to return.
Expecting two days of stormy winds.

Today I need to do laundry and if it's not too windy, 
to clean out the van.
I may wait until it warms up.
We'll see.

This morning, I drove into town (Carslbad) 
to use the internet at Starbucks
and to catch up on my blog and email.
It's overcast and 56 degrees out there. 
Not bad without the wind.
Maybe I'll go see the caves ...

Stay tuned,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.