Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, December 12, 2019

2021 - Doing Laundry on the Camino

WASHING MACHINES: When I originally made up the instructions and handouts, most pilgrims had to hand wash their clothing. NOW, there will be several places where we stay that will have washing machines. Offhand, I know there is a machine or washing service (€3-6) in Zubiri, Puente la Reina, Los Arcos, Villafranca, Portomarin, Castaneda, and Palas de Rei.

Laundry soap is provided. HOWEVER, it will be strongly scented, so you may want to pick up a bar of cold water handwashing soap in SJPP or Pamplona and just hand wash your items. (I'll show you what to buy. We can split one bar up) 

Also, I am really careful not to let them dry my items. Those European dryers get hotter than heck and I've had clothes ruined. I usually hand wash everything, underwear, shirts, socks, and rarely have to wash my Macabi. But if you do not WANT to hand wash, there ARE machines and if the machine is in our own apartment we can control the temperature. It's only 3 weeks so you shouldn't have to wash your overclothes often, just undies. (hahaha! we all smell lovely on the Camino!)

That said, here are a couple of old blog posts you might enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.