Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, December 12, 2019

2021 Holy Year Roncesvalles Albergue


On our 2021 Anniewalkers trip, we will be sleeping in a few albergues, even if you have booked private lodging. The word, by the way, is pronounced like this: Al - búr - gay.

The first may be in SJPP. I'm going to do my best to get private rooms there, but must wait until January to know for sure.

However, we always stay in the Roncesvalles Albergue, for the experience. And so I thought you might enjoy seeing photos of the FIRST time Joe and I slept there in 2006, compared with the albergue today in 2019. Quite a difference!

Our beds were so close together back then, they were touching. I had to sleep next to some strange man! In addition, the ladders had small round metal rungs that were so painful on my weary feet!

In 2021, we will be in nice little cubicles of 4. Our group will most certainly be placed together. This is one of the few places you will need a sleeping bag or blanket. We will discuss that in an upcoming newsletter, so don't go out and buy anything quite yet. I'm going to look into it and see if I can rent linens.

The OLD Roncesvalles Albergue - 2006

The NEW Roncesvalles Albergue

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.