Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, February 28, 2020

Change of Plans Again


We made a final decision today.
After waffling back and forth 
for a couple of weeks,
we decided today we will be walking 
the Via de la Plata.
There were several reasons why.

1) My tumor has shrunk and is no longer painful.

2) The Corona Virus and fewer people on the Via de la Plata.

3) The VDLP was our first choice.

We will leave on Wednesday for Madrid.
From Madrid we bus to Zafra, rest two days, and begin walking from there.
We will take the VDLP all the way to Astorga.
From there, we take a train to Segovia for Semana Santa.
Then back to Madrid to head home.

I've also changed backpacks.
I packed up the Kyte 36 pack that I bought 
back in October and took it for a hike. 
It was NOT comfortable. 

I ordered a Jade 28L 
(which is really only 26 liters) 
and I like it a lot better.
However, that means 
I have to pack much lighter. 
I'll post my new packing list tomorrow 
if I have time, with photos.
It will be a challenge going light,
as the weather is sure to be cold 
in March/April.

About Comments:

I have had to turn comments off for a while because of spam. Some idiot keeps posting a comment on my blog, literally every day, saying, "Do you know what the secret meaning of your name is?"  I can't believe BlogSpot can't figure out a way to turn off this crap, but a Google search led me to a page of quite a number of frustrated people with the same issue.

So I apologize that you cannot comment. 
Hopefully I can try turning the comments back on soon and the spammers will have moved on or gotten bored.

The Corona Virus


I'm not convinced that this isn't 
what my sons and I had two weeks ago. 
We were SO darned sick 
and they hadn't yet begun testing. 
My youngest son ended up going to the doctor. 
My eldest son, who is a surgical nurse, 
thinks he very well could have had it too. 

My daughter in law sells Do Terra, 
and so I'm using their product "On Guard" 
in my water for a few days 
before and during our flight. 
I'm also putting Oregano oil on the soles of my feet. 

I'm cracking up tonight 
because the oregano oil is SO STRONG 
that Joe is nearly choking  :::laughing:::  
But he promises 
he'll use it the day of the flight too. 

We're also going to be taking garlic pills 
that my middle son swears by. 
Everyone in HIS household got the flu except him 
and he takes the garlic every day. 

At any rate, we considered and talked, 
and decided unless they cancel the flight, 
we're going to stick to our plans. 
The VDLP has been calling us both.
 I need this quiet long walk to sort out my head 
after my diagnosis and my upcoming 
double mastectomy surgery.
 So far, I haven't freaked out, 
and maybe I just haven't processed it yet. 
This will give me the quiet time I need.

So that's it.
I hope you will follow us.
I'll post as often as I am able from my iPhone.  
I am not sure how well blogspot app will work from my phone, but I'll do what I can and if I have to, will update with photos when I get home.

See you from the trail!

Love,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.