Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 4 Post Op - Feeling Whiney



WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS and text
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
Well it's the morning of Day 4, and last night was probably the worst night since surgery. It was difficult getting to sleep because I just felt uncomfortable.  That is most likely because I've stopped taking the Oxycodone (just don't want to get hooked on it) and switched to Ibuprofen. 


I feel "whiney" today. I'm experiencing some minor issues, but because I don't feel good, they FEEL major.

The left drain just isn't cooperating. It hasn't been putting out much liquid, and it leaks at the entrance site. This has led to me trying many things, and going through a lot of clothing.  I tried a bandaid, and sponge gauze. Neither worked. I tried putting a POISE pad (feminine urinary incontinence pad) under the tubing, and the liquid flowed right down under it. I tried putting the Poise pad OVER the tubing and the liquid flowed right down over it, on the plastic side. I finally cut a slit in the pad and slid it up over the tubing and that has seemed to work. Poor Cameron (my son) said it was pretty embarrassing buying POISE pads.  Hahaha!  Michael, his husband, grew up with a bunch of sisters, so for him, "no problem." But Cam had 2 brothers so this is his first experience.  ::laughing::

Anyway, I think that left tube is blocked or something. I have "stripped it" every couple of hours, but it seems to suck up instead of let down, so I'm pretty sure there's a clot in there. I called my surgeon and she said it was annoying, but no problem so far, so I'll try to ignore it. She said just keep stripping it.
The skin under my RIGHT arm and next to my RIGHT armpit (not the cancer side) is hard and swollen and sore.  I got a shower, and gently massaged my armpit with soapy hands.  It helped. 

I have a Buddha Belly. 
No, really, it's horrible!
I don't know if it's because my boobs are gone, or if I'm just too tired to hold in my gut, or if I've been eating too much crap food, but my belly is REALLY sticking out. Like a little old man with skinny legs and a fat belly.  THAT has got to go! I've started gentle exercises given to me by my PT lady. And as soon as I can, I need to get out and walk and do some crunches. Holy Hell!

When I got out of the shower today, I put on some fake eyebrows. That made me laugh because I put them on crooked, as my right arm won't lift high enough.  Anyway, it was fun, and I felt a bit more human afterwards. 

Here is my surgery after 4 nights. Looking pretty darned ok really.  Just quite a bit of bruising still. But the stitches are looking good and she really did a nice flat closure. Still waiting for my lab results. Praying for clear margins and clear lymph nodes!

PS: Just spoke with my nurse who reminded me I took the ON-Q pain pump out yesterday (because it was finished) and that's probably why I feel the more dramatic change between yesterday and today. Duh!

We went over everything and all is well. It can only get better!


8 comments:

  1. Give yourself time. That belly is super annoying,, I know, but everyone has it. When you heal you can worry about exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and you look as beautiful as ever!♥️♥️😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to know that you are healing well and lovingly cared for, Annie. You do look great. Thankful that you are still taking the time to walk us through your painful journey! Bless your dear heart! ❤️🌹😇P&P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping my blog might help someone else on their own journey.

      Delete

All comments are moderated.