Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, May 03, 2022

The Pilgrim Mass


The Pilgrim Mass at Roncesvalles was especially meaningful to me tonight. When the priest read the nationalities of the pilgrims who had checked in today, it just went on and on and on. There were pilgrims from all of the world on the Camino today. There were five priests attending. In the past, some of the Mass has been in English but tonight it was all in Spanish and though I only understood portions of it, it touched me.

I suppose I am a bit of a pantheist, because I believe God is in everything and everyone, and everything and everyone is in God. I can go to any church, any ritual, or just be out in nature alone, and I can find God.

In one part of the Mass, they turned off the lights and shone a light on the Mother. I need Her loving touch in my life right now, and I pray She will be with me on this Camino. It has been a rough two years for so many people, myself included, and I continue to work on my brokenness. I have much to learn and correct in myself.

The idea that people of all faiths, and those without, can come together in this beautiful ritual, without judgement or hate gives me peace. It gives me hope.

May all of you wonderful pilgrims be blessed with love, understanding, and compassion for each other. And may you have a Buen Camino!

Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.