Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, May 01, 2022

May 1 - St Jean Pied de Port






 We had a lovely ride to St. Jean. The taxi driver who was a lady, told us there were two ways to go. One way had a lot of curves and one did not. The way without a lot of curves with a little bit longer but we chose that. 

We arrived and got checked into our rooms and went to the Pilgrim office to check in. We then went out looking for food. Half of us went to a vegetarian restaurant and half of us really wanted meat.

Prices of gone up event since Covid . A pilgrims plate was €15 here but  it was really good. The first course was a plate of meats that were local. I’ve often wondered what some of these tasted like so it gave us the opportunity to sample each one. The second plate was a plate of pork loin with a tomato compote, fried potatoes and salad. Dessert for me it was two scoops of ice cream. One was a wonderful lemon that made my taste buds dance. I’m not sure what the second scoop was. I think it was banana but it was tart so I just couldn’t quite figure it out it was really good.  After lunch everybody just kind of went their own way. 

The owner, Christoph, stopped by to collect money and take our breakfast orders  he was very happy to see us and was quite kind. It was a little confusing because I had heard there was some problem with picking up backpack transport but he seemed not to know about that so I’m just going to ignore what I heard and think positive  

We met up at dinner time at the Gite for a potluck. We all brought whatever food we were carrying I just shared it. It was a lot of fun.  We had a lot of fun telling stories from our childhood and I’m finally in bed now at 10 PM. Breakfast is at 7:30 AM and we will hit the trail to BORDA.

Wish this wonderful group a Buen Camino!

Love,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.