Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Sunday, March 08, 2020

Merida - Day 3

Because the albergue in Torremejia is quite undesirable, we decided to bus to Merida today. And because my shins and feet are screaming, I’m so happy we did. The ticket was around €3,60. The trip took about one hour. 

We are staying in Hostal Abadias, where I stayed back in 2013. I really love this little place. It is clean and for only €32 per night for a twin double, quite affordable.  In addition, breakfast is delivered to your door for three euros each.

After we checked into our hotel and rested for about 30 minutes, we went to the museum which was free today since it is Sunday. And then we went and bought two tickets to all the other attractions, including the Roman theater, the Basilica de Santa Eulalia, the Roman bridge, the Alcazaba, and the Temple of Diana.  For one price of €7.50, we get to see everything. The price is a pensionista price so you must be over 65 years old.

I took a lot of the same photos that I posted in 2013, but here are some of my favorites. Sorry but these are not in order. I will fix them when I get home and have a laptop.

One of many stone boxes. 








Storks nesting on the Aquaduct

Wonderful tile mosaic floors 1st century 






Original Roman road

This guy could live in Beaverton, Oregon. I think he goes to my son’s gym!

Yes they ARE peni 




Olive press


First century glasswork was incredibly fine and beautiful


Glass bowl. Jesus’ time. 

Stork
Tomorrow after breakfast, we will head out and see as much as we can. We are here for three days because there’s a lot to see and I don’t want to have to rush.

I stuck to my budget today. Here is what I spent:

€3,60 bus ticket
  1,20 café con leche
  7,50 ticket
  5,00 donner kabob
________________
€17,30

It’s laundry day. And there is a BATHTUB!!!
And so my laundry and I took a long hot bath. 😊

And now, all there is to do is relax.

Oops!  Look how tiny these glass bottles are. 1st century. 

1 comment:

  1. You caught a stork in flight! I have not been able to do that. What made the first alberque so undesirable? Just curious. I love the photos of you and Joe. How bout a couple closer up? I'm living that you are taking time and really enjoying the Camino.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.