Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, March 02, 2020

Two More Sleeps


Just two more sleeps until we fly out to Madrid.

My eye is healing nicely. 
Still red as heck, but no longer painful.
I hope to hear from my doctor today, 
but I think she'll say "Go walk!"

I'm really looking forward to finishing this route.
I began it years ago but was waylaid 
by railroad construction workers filling the albergues.

The walk is a total of 520 kilometers
which is about 323 miles.
It will take us approximately 5 weeks to walk it.

We will pass through and explore the beautiful cities 
of Zafra, 
Merida (full of Roman ruins),
Salamanca (home of a great University),
and Zamora (with it's 24 Romanesque churches,
and will stop walking at Astorga,
once again visiting the famous
Gaudi Palace there.

Right now, the weather is about 10 degrees warmer
than it is up on the Camino Frances.
It looks like we will begin with temperatures
in the mid 60's and lots of sunshine!
I'm praying it stays that way
but it IS March/April
so we're sure to get some rain and cooler temps
especially in the mountain passes.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, I'll stay tuned! You have piqued my interest in the Madrid Route and the Via de la Plata. Buen Camino, Peregrinas!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.