Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

3am Brekkie

Nice kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, fully equipped

 
Bedroom number one

Bedroom number two

Bedroom number three

Dining room

Entryway

Living room/den


 
Breakfast!

How strange that my body insists on rising before 3 am in Spain even though I haven’t slept in 30-some hours and though it’s 6 pm at home in Oregon. But a blazing headache and a bone dry mouth woke me up around midnight thirty and try though I may, sleep just won’t come. 

After listening to a couple of healing meditations and still unable to sleep I decide to bite the bullet and get up. Maybe I’ll take a siesta this afternoon. 

Above is a photo of my 3 am breakfast. An Americano coffee ☕️,which actually cured my headache (maybe it was caffeine and sugar withdrawals), some beautiful strawberries 🍓 given to us by the landlord, a tub of plain yogurt, and 4 Marias, which are a lovely, inexpensive digestive cookie we enjoy in Spain. I added a thin slice of Gouda 🧀 cheese and I’m feeling fine. Joe is still sleeping in his room and these Spanish doors are loud so I’m going to blog, read for an hour or two, maybe do some yoga, and try to be quiet. 

Today we will look at our budget, find an ATM, and get groceries. I also need to wash my travel clothes. Other than that it will be a rest/recovery day. 

Our apartment is modest but clean, affordable, and convenient. The landlord told us that in 10 years he has only rented to Americans 3 times. He says they prefer expensive hotels. Not these Americans!  The way to budget in Spain is to share an apartment, cook your own meals, and it feels as comfortable as home. Here are some photos. I apology for the mess but we had just gotten in and had thrown things around as we began unpacking. We paid 366 Euros for 5 nights - that is 73 Euros per night for a three bedroom apartment.  Six pilgrims could split that and it’s amazingly affordable..

Anyway we are happy and cozy here  there is a nice hot shower, two terraces, and it’s fully furnished with dishes, towels, and drinks/snacks.  Life is good!

More later as I use this blog to document my travels for myself as well as for you. 

Love, Annie

PS:  I’m sorry the photos are above.  I’m working from my phone and they refused to go below the blog



1 comment:

  1. I will definitely follow you on your journey. So looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.