Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The Dreaded 13th

 Joe just mentioned to me that it’s been the 13th for a long long time, and that’s the way it feels. It is now 7:50 PM in Manresa Spain. It’s 10:50 AM in Portland Oregon on the 13th. We got into Manresa about 5 PM. we woke up on Tuesday morning at 2 AM. So far we have been awake 33 hours with about three hours sleep on and off. I feel like a zombie. We had a five hour layover at JFK and then another 2 hour layover in Madrid before catching a flight to Barcelona. That was funny because everybody was at one gate and at the last minute they told us we had to go to a different gate so everybody on the plane ran a race to get to the gate and get on the plane. It was a bumpy ride into Barcelona. After we reach Barcelona we got on a train to Sants station and from there on another train to Manresa. It’s been a long freaking day!

Joe is telling me I’m not too old to do this but my body is telling me he’s a liar liar pants on fire!

We arrived at our apartment and the owner met us with the keys. It is modest but perfect for our needs with three bedrooms, a dining room, a bathroom with nice hot water, and a good kitchen. Yay 

Yay 

We both were zonked but we needed food so we did a quick walk to the grocery store and brought home just enough food to make hamburgers for dinner  I love the prices in Spain! I bought two big hamburger patties, hamburger buns, a loaf of bread freshly baked, cheese, olives stuffed with anchovies, potato chips, rice pudding, mustard, mayonnaise and all of that was under €15.

I will post photos tomorrow but right now I’m going to curl up and take a good long sleep.

That’s all for tonight.

My eyes won’t stay open

Love, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.