Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, April 11, 2022

One More Sleep and Mr. Toad’s ICY Ride






 Cameron and Michael showed up about 10 AM this morning and we headed to Portland pick up Joe. The road was clear until about 1 mile before Joe‘s house when all of a sudden it was like we were up at Sequoia National Park during ski season. There was so much snow and so much traffic!  Bumper to bumper and traveling 2 mph!  We carefully wound our way down into the gully where Joe lives and I would say the snow was at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Then we headed down Burnside and after a long slow 1 mile ride that took 15 minutes, the road was closed and we had to turn around and go back. Then we took a turn off on the road that Joe and I called Walker Lady Road. Well, we drove that road for about a mile and then we had to stop turn around and go back. Joe said it was like a pinball machine. We get to the top of the hill and then have to turn around and go back and everybody was doing it. I was waving at people as we went by trying to tell them to turn around and my son was telling me to stop. Ha ha Ha . I guess that’s the mom gene in me.

We ended up driving to Highway 217 all the way around back to I-5. A trip that usually takes about 25 minutes took us an hour and a half !!

We finally arrived at the hotel which my son had booked for us and it really is quite a beautiful little suite. We are now resting and waiting for our 3 AM departure. Life is good! Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.