Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Allergies in Leon



Tra -LA!  It is Primavera! And everything is blooming along the Camino. If you have allergies, you better bring your allergy medication and a soft cloth to wipe your nose. Mine has been running like a sieve for several days.  The flipside is it’s absolutely beautiful with all the flowers that are blooming and the trees that are covered in blossoms  

This morning, Paula and I had breakfast at Hospitalera PAX. The cost was €15.  Though there was a lot of food, it wasn’t necessarily food that I might want for breakfast so you might want to think about what breakfast means to you. In my group, many of the rooms here in Leon come with breakfast. If they do not, you might want to check around town to see what else is available. Paula got breakfast yesterday for under four euros and she couldn’t eat it all.  I tried to post a video here of a quick reveal so you can see what a €15 breakfast includes - the app wouldn’t let me. Basically, it is yogurt, tortilla (what we might call it frittata,) a variety of sweet cookies, a very sweet custard pie, a variety of fruit, some cereal, a variety of toast, hot coffee, hot water, hot milk.  There are a variety of meats and cheeses, and freshly squeezed, orange juice, as well as bottled juice. A person could eat their fill If this type of food appeals to you. 

But if you just want something light and a cup of coffee, you can probably do better at a bar in town. 

Today is a rest day for me. Paula is going to go see the cathedral, but I’ve seen it many times so I’m gonna do a little shopping. I need to find some allergy medicine to begin with as well as some lotion for my skin. This freezing wind has sucked all the moisture out of my hands and lips.  I also need to do some laundry and repack my bags for our walk tomorrow  

Joe leaves for Spain tomorrow and I will hook up with him on the 28th in Pamplona. Just a few more days until our groups meet up and we start our Camino. 

I’m looking forward to walking the next few days and I’m hoping for good weather. So far, it has been clear but very cold and the wind was just cutting in Burgos. I’m ready for some sunshine and some windless days. 

We are seeing a lot of pilgrims everywhere we go. I’m surprised there are so many on the trail this early in the year.  And they are from everywhere! Not just the USA, but Germany, France, Italy, Korea, China -  just everywhere

OK, that’s it for now
Buen Camino!
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.