Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Back to Logroño


This was a sculpture in the churchyard that I thought was beautiful. Spain has so many wonderful sculptures.

Paula and I left Navarrette around 7:30 AM. We stopped at a cute little restaurant called Café Monkey. 





If you want something hot for breakfast, but you’re not really into coffee you can order Cola Cao. It’s pronounced “Cola Cow” and it’s very good hot chocolate. They give you a powder that you pour into some steaming hot milk. They give you a packet of sugar, but I can’t imagine using it because it’s already very sweet  


Afterwards, we headed back to Logroño on the same path we took yesterday. We passed huge groups of pilgrims, mostly Korean. There was an occasional American or Australian.  

These sun tiles seem to mark the way. 


The path was lined with Grey Leaf Cistus and Wild Roses.  The wildflowers are really beginning to bloom. Lots of poppies, some lilac, wild mustard, and thistle. 






The almond trees look like they’re going to have a really good crop for the summer pilgrims. 


Walking through the park, I saw this. Please don’t do this ladies. Please!  It’s disgusting. Just pick up after yourself like you would pick up after your dog.  


I had to stop for a few minutes and listen to a little bird singing so loudly. He was really happy that the sun was shining. I took a video, but it won’t let me post it here. Once I get home, I’ll try. 

Once we hit the city, we were hungry and found a little place for lunch. I had an ensalada mixta with tuna. Paula had a Caesar salad.  Both were 9 Euros and both were exceptionally good!  


After lunch, we walked to the train station and bought our tickets for tomorrow. We will take the train to Santo Domingo de la Calzada to see the church with the chickens in it. After doing some tourist around in that village, we will walk to Grañon. We rented an apartment there and hopefully can do some laundry tomorrow.  The next day we walked to Belorado  

This was a pair of chairs that we saw in a hair salon on the way back to our rooms tonight  The Spanish have a great sense of humor!


We stopped at a grocery store and picked up a little something for dinner. I’m just going to have half a cantaloupe and a can of tuna that I’m tired of carrying around.  I’m not really hungry now after that big salad. 

Today I walked a little farther. Over 15 K.
I’m happy
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.