Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, April 12, 2024

Sagrada Familia

Yesterday Paula and I took the train to Barcelona.   Once we checked in, we walked down and got lunch and then got on the metro for our 3 PM visit to Sagrada Familia.  If you don’t know anything about this famous cathedral, designed by Anthony Gaudi, I encourage you to do a search online. It was one of the most incredible pieces of art I’ve ever seen.  I’m just going to post a couple of photos and post the rest after I return home but this will give you a taste of its beauty. 



















On our way home, we found a market and bought food for breakfast to try to save a little bit of money.   We had dinner at a Pakistan restaurant and got to bed pretty late for me.  Paula got her laundry done and I got some extra sleep which I needed. It’s been a little rough for both of us sharing a room because we aren’t used to each other’s schedules and hearing somebody breathing in the bedroom .  I think after Logroño, most of our rooms are going to be changed to private singles.  We also may be changing our schedule again. After the walking, we’ve been doing I think we realized full stages may be more than we can handle. We really just want to walk half or even one stages to try to build up stamina so we are looking for the most painless route on the Camino to do that.  

Today after breakfast, we are going to Park Guelle. It is another place full of art by Gaudi. 

Time for breakfast and a shower!
Love,
Annie


3 comments:

  1. Your 2024 Camino has started. Lovely pictures. Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, the interior shots are fantastic in color stained glass psychedelic the way the shadow of deity should be encountered for striking awe. They have come a long long way in the last 20 years of building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing church!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.