Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, April 05, 2024

We Have Decided


Paula and I talked about walking the Camino Madrid, the Aragones, and the Montserrat routes. Because she has a hurt foot, and because COVID kicked my stamina in the butt, we thought we might need more support this year than what was offered on those routes. So, we've finally decided simply to jump up to the Camino Frances and walk the Meseta before heading back to Pamplona to pick up my group. From there we go to SJPP to walk to Santiago - skipping the Meseta. So it will mean we're doing the entire Camino but in a disjointed way!

I've got my pack down to 10 pounds. I made a packing video but cut back a few things after posting it in my final pack. Below is my list for this 6 week Camino - you can see the video on my YouTube Channel at Anniesantiago13. 

Packing List
Featherweight down sleeping bag – 1 lb 6.5 oz
Everyday clothes:
1 pair Lightweight Trekking Pants
2 Short sleeve Smartwool merino teeshirts -
Underclothes:
Panties – 3 pair
Bras – I don’t wear them
Cold weather gear:
1 Cashmere sweater
1 silk undershirt
1 Smartwool long-john bottoms
1 Buff
1 featherweight large scarf (you can buy there)
1 Smartwool beanie
Shower & Bath:
1 towel
1 bar all-purpose soap for hair and body
1 toothbrush
1 tiny deodorant
1 razor
Laundry:
15 sheets laundry detergent fragrance free
1 elastic clothesline
1 dozen diaper pins for hanging laundry outside
First aid:
1 tiny Coleman first aid kit – Altoid size
Lambswool – anything else you need you can buy there
On Plane I layer clothes:
1 panties
1 pair leggings
1 long-sleeve Smartwool tee
1 short sleeve Smartwool tee
1 Macabi Skirt. – I’ll wear this almost every day, switching off with trekking pants.
1 featherweight puff jacket
I also carry within reach on the plane:
iPhone - 1 travel toothbrush/paste 1 sleep mask. 1 pair earplugs
Advil PM – about 6 for nights I can’t sleep on Camino too
Ibuprofen – 800 mg – about 6 – can always pick up more there
Bengay – because if someone has perfume, I smell it – it helps
Water bottle – fill up after going through TSA.
I cut back a couple of things after making the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.