Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

The Prado

I slept like a log last night, but I did wake up at my usual 4 AM to a I slept like a log last night, but I did wake up at my usual 4 AM to an email telling me one of my lodgings payments had not gone through. I tried to be quiet turning on the lights so I could put another credit card number in. I’m sure I woke Paula up. After sorting it out, I went back to bed and slept another couple of hours. 

We were up early and out to find coffee and something to eat. We found a nice little restaurant where I had toast with tomato and Paula had toast with jam and then we started walking. I wanted to take a walk all the way to Atocha station because tomorrow morning we leave at 8 AM and I wanted to be sure we could get there in time and we knew where to catch our train. 

Getting there was no problem, but Madrid sure has changed since I was here so many years ago. I can’t believe the number of people for one thing -  and there’s construction going on around Atocha station.  When we left the station, I wanted to walk a different way to see if the sidewalk went all the way around Atocha, but we ended up going about a kilometer and a half out of our way and so we had to backtrack to make it to the Prado for our 1030 appointment. Paula moves fast on those little bitty legs and I had a heckuva time keeping up with her. We made it just in time for our appointment and we’ve gone our separate way. We will meet up later to take a walk to the botanical gardens.

I am in the Prado Café enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee and my first Neopolitana of the trip!


3 comments:

  1. What is a Neapolitan? Sounds like you did a lot of walking. But that’s what one does when traveling…Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s those pastries with chocolate in the middle.

      Delete
  2. I just left a comment, but not sure if it published…Patty

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.