Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Villar de Mazariffe

It was a beautiful 15 km day.  It started out chilly, but warmed up gradually as we walked, and there was no wind, thank God. We took a bus to La Virgin Del Camino and walked from there after stopping for breakfast at a small bar. 

We walked through wheat fields and stopped to listen to cuckoo birds.  



There don’t seem to be a lot of pilgrims coming through.   We were going to stay at Albergue Jesus but managed to get a private en-suite room at Albergue San Antonio de Padua.   This is a nice place and they serve a vegetarian dinner.


It is still chilly and Paula is trying to stay warm. She’s got her feet in her Jacket sleeves. 


She’s always doing something weird!  For lunch she put chocolate spread on her potato chips. 



I love the garden here. Especially the wisteria.



Lunch:






Saw this stork peeking over the top of this giant nest.

Vegetarian family style dinner tonight. We’ll see how that goes. I had pork chops last night so I’m sure I will live.  Hahaha! 

Tomorrow, Hospital de Órbigo 

Love,
Annie. 



4 comments:

  1. Hey! By any chance, is this the place with the huge hand statue out front?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn’t see a huge hand

      Delete
    2. No, I didn’t see a hand

      Delete
  2. That is one huge stork nest! I’ve seen a lot of big ones, but that one is huge and the stork looks so tiny! I love the photo of Paula with her legs in her coat sleeve!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.