Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Madrid!



Watching the sunrise as we flew was beautiful. 

I arrived at Madrid to beautiful sunshine and more people than I’ve ever seen here! It was like the population exploded!  After a 33 Euro taxi to within a few blocks of our hotel, I finally connected with Paula. We both were feeling pretty exhausted but excited to finally be here. But WHY all these people!?

Turns out there was some big futbol game happening and todo el mundo was out celebrating!  The Spanish do love their futbal!  We found a place to eat close to our room. After a little bite to eat we nabbed a frozen yogurt and headed back for an early night of rest to try to catch up on the sleep we lost on the flight. 

I spent some time reorganizing my pack. I brought WAY too much stuff and dumped a few items. 

Then a shower and blessed sleep. 

It’s now 3:39 am. 
Paula is still fast asleep. 
I’m trying to be quiet. 
Today after breakfast we have an appointment to see the Prado. 

Sorry no photos to show this post. I was too tired to think but I promise to take some today. 

Buen Camino Peregrinos!
Annie

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you are safely in Madrid and all the drama is behind you! Apparently, the layover at Heathrow went smoothly. I’m looking forward to more posts . Stay out of trouble, my friend….Patty

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.