Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Monday, April 22, 2024

Leon

This was a travel day that started out stressful and ended up perfect

We had to be out of our apartment by noon. Our train was not scheduled to leave Burgos until 3:45. It was cold and windy - bitterly so. It was too cold to walk and so we went ahead and booked a taxi to the train station, which is quite a way out of town  When we got to the train station, cafeteria was not open and it didn’t look like it had been functioning for some time . We were hungry.  The only food we could find were potato chips and snacks from a machine. So it was a rough morning having to wait three hours for the train with nothing to eat or drink  We did manage to get coffee from a machine  And then, to top things off, our train was about a half hour late  By the time we got to Leon, we were not only exhausted, we were hungry.  I couldn’t wait to dig into the restaurant, but upon checking in, we learned the restaurant had just closed for the day. Oh noooo!

I had upgraded to a room with a bathtub and the only one they had had four beds, so I’m in a room with four beds! But I do have a bathtub. HOORAY!

We dropped our bags in our rooms and started walking.  Everything was closed because it was Siesta. After a while, we found a restaurant that was open with a placard outside advertising meals


A waiter came out and explained some of the menu to us and invited us inside. I told Paula, “I’m eating here! I can’t wait any longer. I’m getting hangry!”

So in we went. Paula ordered a pitcher of Sangria and took another look at the menu. I was really hankering for a steak. They had a veal steak on the menu and that is what I ordered. 

I was not disappointed!  The waiter came out with my food and WOW! . It was served on a huge wooden cutting board and the biggest veal steak I’ve ever seen was sizzling at me!  Oh. My. Goodness!

I was so hungry that I dug in without taking a photo and so here is a photo of after I’ve eaten more than half of it. Sorry about that, but I was so hungry I couldn’t wait!  


Paula ordered the chicken skewers. There were two skewers just loaded with chicken and potatoes on the side. My meal came with a green salad. We finished up with cheesecake.  I was so happy!

I highly recommend this place! 


If you are ever in Leon, this is the place to eat!
100 stars!

And now for a hot bath and bed. 
It’s been a long day.
Love,
Annie

1 comment:

All comments are moderated.