Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

To Navarrette

The walk to Navarrette today was chilly but beautiful. If I had it to do over, I would layer better. The wind just cut right through my puffy jacket and I really needed to have an extra layer on underneath.  But otherwise, it was a gorgeous walk. My feet hurt but otherwise I just feel like I have no stamina and I’m wondering if I can really work up to those long stages in three weeks. This was only about 8 miles, but Covid really kicked my butt last year. My lungs just don’t seem to want to work and I’m wondering if it’s this long Covid will ever resolve.  We will see.
























When we got into town, we looked around for a place to eat and finally found a bar/restaurant  They had an à la cart menu  So we ordered something called Black Bean Sacrament and a meat-stuffed zucchini & we shared each.   The black beans sacrament was a big pot of black beans with yummy sausage in it. The zucchini wasn’t as good to me because I really didn’t care for the seasoning, but both were good enough and we left satisfied. 


We stopped at the market to get water and dessert and then onto our lodging. We are at Albergue El Cantero and it’s quite nice  We each got a private room for €30 each. 


I’m feeling happy.
Tomorrow we walk right back to Logroño. 
More then,
Annie 

1 comment:

  1. So many of your photos are so good, but my faves are you in the window and the famous bull on the hills. You will gain strength as you go. PattyM

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.