Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Friday, April 26, 2024

Astorga

Arrived early in Astorga and started out with a great breakfast of Spanish tortilla, fresh squeezed orange juice, bread, and cafe con leche at this little cafe. 4 Euros. 


Then on to our wonderful apartment to settle in. 
From there we decided to visit the Cathedral Museum and it was a treat!  Too many photos to post but here are a few. 

I found the exceptional quality of the vestments fascinating. 




The drops of blood on this Jesus are made of rubies. 

A beautiful madonna. 




Always check under the choir seats. You never know what you’ll find.




After our visit to the Cathedral, we went to the market and got groceries. I made myself some soup and salad for dinner.

The borochos kept me up much of the night. I think the last time I heard the drunks coming through the square was about 4 AM this morning  

Today we visit the Bishop’s Palace by Gaudi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.