Here I go...

One Adventure After Another!

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Oh! So! Happy!


Paula and I just had the best dinner ever. It was a Menu del Dia at a place next-door to our hotel. 

Today we walked 15 km to hospital day Orbigo. The name of our hotel is El Paso Honroso. Paula made a joke that we went from San Antonio to El Paso today. 



Our hotel is modest at €55 but it is very clean and it has a bathtub! There’s a restaurant downstairs but we decided to walk a block away to a little place called the flamingo because they advertised a menu for €12  


It was a wise decision  This is where all of the street workers go to eat, and my gosh,  the food was incredible!

I started with a rice salad. I have never seen this before, but it was actually very good. Lots of vegetables mixed in with the rice and tuna on top.  


The second course was Pollo Asada. 


We had a choice of water or wine or coffee and for dessert we chose flan. This was not flan from the supermarket. This was homemade flan and it was so good!


I highly recommend both of this hotel and the restaurant next-door. There is a restaurant here in the hotel but when I went down there today, there were about 50 gray haired people waiting to eat so I took a chance and walked over to the Flamingo. I’m really happy that I did. Not only was it less expensive but the food was just excellent.  I think every road worker within 50 miles came in here to eat while we were there and that’s always a good sign  

The walk today was pretty and was also flat, but it was along roadway and so it was tiring to the feet. 



I think I forgot to mention that the dinner last night was really nice. For €13 we had several courses served family style.  



We got to know several of the pilgrims who were also staying there. I also highly recommend this Albergue called San Antonio de Padua.

We have not yet decided what we will do tomorrow. If it rains, we will probably take a bus. If the weather is good, we may walk. It’s about 15 km but I’m not willing to walk in the wind and rain with it being so close to time to pick up my group. 

Right now I’m full and happy. I’m going to let my food settle a bit and then I’m gonna get a nice hot bath.

Buen Camino!
Annie

1 comment:

  1. The salad looks awesome! I stayed in Hospital de Orbigo in 2019, but don’t remember the name of the place or the restaurant we had dinner at. I remember that beautiful Roman bridge and donkeys. Patty

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.